Sometimes you have those days when you have no inspiration at all and don’t know what to cook. Fortunately, on those days a newsletter with inspirational recipes ends up in my mailbox. Hallelujah!
This stuffed pumpkin recipe is originally from Sofie Dumont, a Belgian lady chef.
Stuffed pumpkin with lentils, goat cheese and spinach
A vegetarian stuffed butternut pumpkin is really a winner! Mix all ingredients together, fill the pumpkin with it and then bake it in the oven, delicious!
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 45 Minutes
- Total Time 55 Minutes
- Serves 2 People
- 1 butternut pumpkin, not too big
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 goat cheeses (125 g)
- 250 g lentils, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of chives
- 4 to 5 frozen spinach, thawed and drained or fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp cream cheese or mascarpone
- Pepper and salt
- Cut the butternut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Hollow out the butternut all the way to 1 cm from the edge with a melon scoop or a coffee spoon, you need some arm muscles for this. Prick the meat all over with a skewer and place together with the hollowed-out part on an oven tray lined with baking paper, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with olive oil and place in an oven at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the lentils in a bowl and mix in the grated garlic, mascarpone, finely chopped shallot, spinach and chives and crumble 1 goat cheese over it. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the roasted pumpkin filling from the oven. Mix it all together well and fill the butternut with it.
- Crumble the other goat cheese on top and put in an oven at 200°C for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy your dinner!
You can also replace the lentils with chopped mushrooms or fried minced meat and the spinach with frozen peas and you have a completely different dish.
Take a look at Sofie’s website.