Beef carpaccio is a delicious and elegant dish that has become increasingly popular in recent years. The dish consists of thinly sliced, raw beef served with a variety of accompaniments, such as Parmesan cheese, arugula, and a drizzle of olive oil.
To make beef carpaccio, the beef is typically sliced very thinly using a sharp knife or a meat slicer. The slices are arranged on a plate in a circular pattern, with each slice slightly overlapping the previous one. The beef is then seasoned with salt and pepper, and sometimes a sprinkle of lemon juice.
The dish is believed to have originated in Italy in the 1950s, and was named after the painter Vittore Carpaccio, who was known for his use of bright red and white colors. Beef carpaccio is often served as an appetizer in high-end restaurants, and is considered a delicacy due to the quality of the beef used and the precision required in slicing it.
Amazing beef carpaccio recipe
If you’re a fan of raw beef or are looking for a unique and sophisticated appetizer to serve at your next dinner party, give beef carpaccio a try. It’s sure to impress your guests and tantalize your taste buds.
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Total Time 15 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- 300g finely sliced beef
- Parmesan shavings
- 1 lemon
- 5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 150g shelled and peeled pistachios
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the beef very finely, and arrange the slices on a wide plate.
- For the vinaigrette, chop the pistachios and add salt, pepper to taste, oil, and a splash of lemon.
- Mix well, and drizzle over the carpaccio.
- For the last step sprinkle over the parmesan shavings.
- Optional: Decorate with chopped spring onion or rocket.
Discover more of our recipes here